Saturday 27 August 2011

A week

It's been a week since I've been here.  During the week I stayed
at a resort at the Gold Coast.  Resorts are strange in that they tend to be the same, you walk inside and you could be anywhere in the world (or anywhere in the world I've been to which I admit is limited).  Everything is on a grand scale, everything is neutral and pristine.  How many of these are exactly the same? If you stay on floor 17 (I did) are all the rooms exactly the same?  Do they buy thousands of the same prints?
I wonder why they have winter weight doonas in rooms that are temperature controlled?  I'm not complaining, the service was great, the food was great.  What surprises me is that at a golfing resort there wasn't anywhere non-golfing guests could really walk.  The spaces are so big all the furniture and furnishings are big too - quite a change from my tiny little living environment.  I get a feeling of being quite small, almost ant like in those spaces.  Not my idea of holiday living.

I'm content to be home, snuggling under the doona in the rain.  The best place in the world to be!  I'd wanted to post a photo here, but in a week I've forgotten how to find the right photo, save it and post it. I might need another lesson!

Enjoy the rain x

No comments:

Post a Comment